Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Perpectual report loading issue

Hi, I am experiencing some report loading issue. When I tried to load a chart in google map chart type, the loading process took longer than 10 minutes. I closed the browser and reopened it but doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Did anyone come across this issue before? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
lp
Hi LP

Sorry to hear about the struggle with the Google map chart.

-Can we start with what version and build of Yellowfin you are working with?
-What browser are you using and on what platform? Windows? Mac? Linux?
-Are you running Yellowfin directly from your desktop machine or is it on a server?
-Is this the first time you are trying to run a google map?

Lets start with those question and figure it out.

Thank you
Mark
Hi Mark

Thank you for your prompt response.

-Can we start with what version and build of Yellowfin you are working with?
I am using Yellowfin version 7.

-What browser are you using and on what platform? Windows? Mac? Linux?
Google Chrome on Oracle VM.

-Are you running Yellowfin directly from your desktop machine or is it on a server?
localhost on my laptop

-Is this the first time you are trying to run a google map?
No. I have successfully built one few days ago however it's on different granularity though. I tried to use a column that contain details and subtotal as my label while building the map on the Chart Tab in the failed attempt whereas only details (ie. without the subtotal) in the successful attempt. Is this the cause of the problem?

Note: since the above issue, even the successful google map failed to display- either led to perceptual report loading or an error message said,"Oh no an error occured while generating your report."

Hope you find these details helpful. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you

With regards
Lp
Hey LP

Thanks for the added info!
Only thing missed was the Build of version 7.0 that you have just in case there was a bug fix for that build.
You can find that under System Information under the Admin Console on the right.

Until I saw your note about "Error occurred" I was going to suggest boosting up the memory settings.

-Was wondering if you have problems with all of the Map Charts or just one type?
-Is it possible for you to give a screen shot of the page where you are setting up the column that contains details and subtotal as the label?

We will carry on from there !

Thanks for the patience.
Mark