Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Public / Unsecure Dashboards in 6.3

Hi support,

Is it possible to create a public / unsecure dashboard in version 6.3?
Our intention is to embed the dashboard into SharePoint without requiring the user to log in. We have manually set all parameters so access filters are not required.
I have had no issue creating and accessing unsecure reports that do not require the user to log in to view.

The dashboard I have built contains two reports, both which are unsecure and can be viewed by anyone with the URL. Obviously they belong to an unsecure subcategory and the appropriate settings have been configured on the individual reports themselves. The dashboard is also saved into this unsecure category, however when going to the URL as per the "Share" button, it is asking me to log in to view it.

We have a guest account enabled, and I can't see anything in the dashboard settings which relates to allowing unauthenticated access to it. It looks like it was an option in version 6.1 under the Permissions tab when editing the dashboard settings as shown in this wiki link (see first picture under "Public Tab Security" heading - http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER61/Publishing+and+Securing+Public+Tabs).

Please let me know if you need any further information or screenshots.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing back.

Kind regards,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this, it looks like you also sent through an email on this which Danny has responded to .

However, just to clarify. Dashboards cannot be accessed directly via a URL with out some form of login.

In order to embed a dashboard you have a few methods;
-Web Services
-Javascript API
Both of which support Single Sign on, so you can have a user account load the dashboard onto your own page, which other people can then access without logging into Yellowfin.
Detailed information can be found here:Integration

One other thing to note is that, if you're going to use the Javascript method, you will not be able to embed content from client orgs. This should be support in Yellowfin 7.2.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Regards,
David