Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

re: Export to excel changes formatting – issue is back

Hi,

The issue reported in this forum string (http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-Excel-export-changes-data-format-?thread=157377) seems to be back in the Sept patch for Version 6.3

We upgraded from the July patch and now the exported date data comes out as text. Have tried both checked/unchecked (on/off) settings in the Export. Attached are images showing exported file open in Excel 2010. One before upgrade, one after upgrade. Notice that the data in the column in the before upgrade image aligns to the right, and behind the scenes, is formatted correctly.
Correct:

Forum image

Incorrect:

Forum image

Please revisit this issue and correct.

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris,

frustratingly I'm not able to reproduce this issue so far. I'm definitely using the Sept patch of YF 6.3.

Here is a XLS export with Keep Formatting ON, as you can see by the little red triangles in the top left corner of the cells, the numbers have been kept as text:

Forum image

And now, here is an XLS export with Keep Formatting OFF. As you can see in the screenshot there are no more little red triangles in the numeric cells.

Forum image

Interestingly, in both of the above images you can see that the dates are right-aligned which is the same as in your "Correct:" image.

I couldn't tell because your images were cropped, but how were the numeric cells, did they have the red triangles or not?

Also, could you please show a screenshot of the date column from Step 2 of the View Builder, this is so we can see what sort of column it is so we can maybe set up a report that is more similar to yours.

regards,
Dave
Hi David,

The report is a Freehand SQL report. Please find attached the output file with Keep Formatting OFF. Also images of the step 2 , etc.

Regards,

Chris
Hi Chris,

thanks for the screenshots, I tried to reproduce the issue using a Freehand SQL report this time, but as far as I can tell the numbers are being exported as numbers not text, and the only difference I can see with the date is that the right-align switch has been turned on:

Forum image

Also, I have just tried exporting the same report on a July build of 6.3 and the resulting XLS file was exactly the same as the September build, I can't see any difference

Forum image

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Very odd that it is not re-produceable. Is there a jar file that I can check to verify we have the correct version of the exporter?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris,

yes the jar file is called i4-mi.jar and is in the path:

[code]
appserverwebappsROOTWEB-INFlib[/code]

Forum image

and here is the manifest for mine:

[code]Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.4
Created-By: yGuard Bytecode Obfuscator 2.3.0.1
Implementation-Title: Yellowfin MI
Yellowfin-Library-Version: 6.3 (20140916)
Implementation-Version: 6.3 (20140916)
Implementation-Vendor: Yellowfin[/code]

regards,
Dave