Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Readers not able to Broadcast

Hi,

We are currently using Yellowfin 7.1 september patch and we have found that the readers are not able to Broadcast the reports though they have the ability to Broadcast while the admin is still able to broadcast. Before upgrade readers were able to Broadcast.

Reader satisfy all the below contions:

1. The Broadcast option is enabled on the Data Source.
2. User's Role has the "Broadcast Reports" function enabled.
3. The report is not an "Ad Hoc" report.
4. The "Broadcast" option is ticked on the Options menu:
5. The report is active (not in Draft/edit mode).

Can you please look into the issue with high priority.

Regards,
Dhrati

Hello Dhrati,

Can you clarify further, if the user cannot see a Broadcast icon when viewing the report?

If the user is assigned to the Report Consumer role, they must have the following settings updated within the Role in order to have the Broadcast option available:

Forum image

Please let me know if this is the information helps.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

Thank you for your quick response, Yes Readers are not able to view the Broadcast icon in report. PFA image for the setting options that we have enabled for the Readers.

Best Regards,
Dhrati
Hello Dhrati,

Appears your attachment has not been added to your previous Forum Post - can you please try again?

Thanks,

Danny

Forum image
Posted the image on behalf of Dhrati
Hi Suneetha,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Comparing your screenshot to mine, can you try enabling Report Access ( ticks in C/U/D boxes ), then enable the Public Reports in the Report Builder section, and see if the Broadcast icon appears?

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

If we enable C/U/D on report access the Broadcast icon will appear but then the "Readers" will be able to create reports which we do not want. In the previous version also we have kept the same setting as shown in our image and the Readers were able to broadcast but now they are not. Kindly provide us a quick resolution.

Best Regards,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

Can you try removing the Create and Delete options under Report Access and Public Reports, leaving just the Update option ticked - see if this works for you.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

If we enable update option then the Readers will be able to edit the existing reports which we do not want. Readers should not be able to create, update or delete report and this will achieve only if we disable U/C/D options. As mention settings for Readers in our image Readers were able to Broadcast in Previous version but not now.

Please Note: Readers should only be able to View along with Broadcast icon.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Danny,

User who has reader access confirmed that Broadcast option has disappeared after the recent upgrade i.e Yellowfin 7.1 September Build

Thanks,

Suneetha
Hello Suneetha,

Some further testing has found this issue to be a Defect, thus a Defect Report
# 177496 has been lodged with a High priority. A fix for this issue should be added to the monthly YF update on 28th November.

Any further questions or issues on this, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Danny