Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Remove Schema name from Source Name

Hi,

When I am creating a new view, Source name include the schema name. How can I remove that?

By the way I am trying to add a image but I don't know how.
Thanks
Hi There,

Sorry you had some problems uploading images! This can be done by browsing to an image and clicking the insert inline hyperlink to place it in the forum post.

We need a bit more information regarding what you are trying to accomplish. What exactly are you trying to remove and why?

When you create a view, you have to select a data source to connect that view to.

If the name of the Data Source is what you are trying to change because you don't want the database schema name to be publicized that is pretty easy to accomplish.

All you need to do is navigate to Administration > Admin Console > Click the Data Sources Drop Down > Select the Data Source You would like to change > Under Data Source Details Change the Source Name: to whatever you would like. See the below screenshot:

Forum image

Please let me know if that is what you are looking to accomplish? If I missed the mark could you provide a bit more detail regarding what you are trying to accomplish and hopefully we can solve this problem for you quickly! Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4

Forum image
Hi Dustin,

Thank you for your quick reply. What I would like to do is to remove the "P253_DWH" from the source name.

In connection detail setting "Include schema in SQL:" is unchecked.

Thanks,
Afsaneh
Hi Afsaneh,

Can I ask what is the motivation for removing this?

When "Include Schema In SQL" is unchecked on the data source it basically means you don't need to include the schema when writing reports via freehand SQL. This doesn't apply to the source name in the view.

Please let me know why you would like to have that information suppressed and hopefully we can figure out a solution. I look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:
Hi Dustin,

I have different schemes with the exact same data warehouses. I would like to run the report for all schemes and do not need to create the same report with different schemes.

I am updating a view and the tables that have been added before do not have this schema name in their source name.

Forum image

Thanks,
Afsaneh
Hi Afsaneh,

If I understand what you said, you are trying to run the same report against multiple data sources?

Although this doesn't answer your question directly (as far as removing the schema name from the view), here is a forum post that outlines what I think you are ultimately trying to accomplish and it should be able to help you:

How do multiple clients run the same report definition with different data sources?

Also, here is a guide in our wiki that might be helpful:

Content Management

Please let me know if this information helps, or if I've missed the mark, and we will continue looking into options.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:

Hi Dustin,

Thanks a lot for looking into the issue, but I still have the same problem. I would like to remove the schema name from the source name. I believe it is possible as when I check the other views, they do not have the schema name in their source name.

Many thanks,
Afsaneh