Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Report folder Issues when in Dashboard Edit mode AND when add a report with summary

Hi Folks

We are experiencing problems with the report folder functionality when on the Edit Dashboard page and we add a report with a report summary to the dashboard tab. The problems are an unresponsive scroll bar in the report folder and the report folder not reopening as follows:

1. When in the dashboard edit mode, if you add a report with summary to the dashboard & then attempt to scroll in the report folder to add another report, the scroll bar is unresponsive (refer attached SS1)

2. If you close the report folder and attempt to open it again (after adding a report with report summary), it will not open. Also if you save the dashboard & edit again the report folder will open the first time but if you close it and try to reopen it will not open (refer attached ss2)

3. If you save the dashboard & edit again & open the report folder, the scroll bar does not work (refer attached ss3)

We do not experience these issues with reports that do not have a report summary.

Please advise.

Thanks
Christine
Hello Christine,

Could you advise as to what version and build of Yellowfin you are using? You can locate this within the Administration > System information screen of Yellowfin.

Also, what web browser are you seeing this issue in, and is it occurring when using different browsers ( Firefox / Chrome / etc )?

Kind Regards,

Danny
Good Morning Danny

Thanks for your prompt response, requested info as follows:
System Information
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20150325
Java Version: 1.8.0_45
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1 (x86)

We are experiencing the issue in google chrome, I tried in Internet explorer this morning too and get the same outcomes.

Regards
Christine
Hi Christine,

Thanks for the info. Have done some quick tests with the same 7.1 build, but couldn't see the issues you reported.

Have you restarted your YF instance since these issues started? If not, can you try a server restart to see if it resolves it? You may also wish to check your Java memory settings as per this Forum Post, with a suggestion to increase the Max memory to 1024m ( if not set to that already ).

Keep me posted of your progress.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Good Morning Danny

Server restarted and java memory was already at 1024m. Unfortunately this has not addressed the problem.

What else can be tried?

Regards
Christine
Hi Christine,

Here's something else to try:

If you are using Google Chrome to access your YF instance, and can replicate the scrollbar freeze issue, press F12 or select Tools > Web Developer > Web Console. This will open a code inspector screen - if you see any code errors relating to the scroll-bar, take a screenshot and send it through to support@yellowfin.bi.

Please let me know if you don't see any error, and we'll try something else.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi again Christine,

Hey, I have some news for you - I've managed to replicate your issue!

I actually found the problem when adding a multi-chart to a dashboard - the vertical scroll bar in the left-hand navigation wouldn't scroll, and I could not re-open the nav bar using the Folder icon.

I've lodged this defect under # 198676, and will have the Developers get this corrected soon. If you would like to email us at support@yellowfin.bi quoting the Defect number and confirming the company you are with, we can lodge the Defect under your details so you can keep track of it's progress.

Any other questions on this, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Danny