Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Restrict access of default content for users of default org

Hi,

We have implemented multi-tenant environment for multiple clients in different verticals e.g. Travel and Healthcare. The client user groups created in the client orgs can view their respective tabs, which is perfect. However, we have a small internal administrative group of users created in the default org that have access to all the default content. When one of these users login to any of the client orgs they can view all the tabs from all the verticals.

Is there a way we can restrict the content for this default user group based on the client org they choose to login to?

Thanks,
Edwig
Hey guys,

I believe the only way to obtain what you are after would be by using
Content Categories.

Please have a look and see. In the meantime I will continue to investigate this and if I find
something that I've missed I will respond.

Regards,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

While through Content Category security controls, we can manage users having access to specific content like reports or dashboards etc., how can we control other users from even viewing the Content Folder not just the Content Sub Folder?

Have attached a screenshot for reference.

YF version: 7.2
Build: 20160524

Cheers,
Kishore
Good Afternoon Kishore,

Hope you are well,

I have been looking in to your request and at the moment it is not possible to configure the Content folder to stop users from being able to see the top level.

I can log this request as an enhancement and pass it over to our Dev team to see if it is possible to add this functionality in the future.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks

Adam
Hi Adam,

Good afternoon and thanks for your revert.

Please raise an enhancement request and do keep me posted on DEV team's feedback.

When a user doesn't have access to any content under a "Content Sub Folder", I don't see any point why he should continue to be able to view "Content Folder" in the browse section. This is only going to create unnecessary curiosity in users mind which is not a good sign in a live implementation.

Cheers,
Kishore