Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Retreiving all data when one value is matched

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a filter that would bring be back all the data when one of the data values is 0 (zero).
Right now when I put into my filter the ZERO value, the data brought back is only the Zeros.
For example, a field that tracks the employee count per month...
Jan - 10
Feb - 25
Mar - 7
Apr - 4
May - 3
Jun - 0

The filters I've done so far only bring back the June data and not all the months.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Angelo

Hi Angelo,

Could you elaborate on why '0' is an important value for you to filter on?

I'm sure you are already aware of this, but if you filter on a null value, meaning nothing, it will return the whole data set which would be the same thing as passing a '0' in your scenario.

As it stands, when you pass a value like '0' to the filter it will only return rows that contain '0' or nothing will be returned. This is actually a good thing, because if passing a '0' returned all results you wouldn't have a way to filter for 'Jun-0'.

There really isn't anyway to get around this... I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4

Hi there,

Thank you for the response.

The reason why I am looking to find a '0' in the values is so that I can do a trend analysis on products that have been doing well for a few months, but one (or more) months are bad and there are '0' sales.
So I want to show products that are or have been struggling, and not include products that are doing fine.

Angelo