Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

See Reports of Writers

Hi,

When a report writer create's a report and doesn't share this it's not visable to any other user or role for us now. Is there a possibility to see also these reports with an Admin role?

Regards,
Salvatore
Salvatore,

I'm not certain that I completely understand your question but I have provided the following
links that should help to explain how roles work and are managed within YF.

Roles

Available Security Functions

If these do not help you please get back to us.

Thanks,

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

This is not really i am after. When i have a writer-user that has a role not to publish reports and he doesn't share his report with anyone he's the only one that can see his report. However as an administrator of Yellowfin I would like to know what is happening on my system and i wanna see all reports created for example.

Regards,
Salvatore
Salvatore,

I am unable to replicate your issue on our end. I have created a writer in my instance and logged in as that writer,
created and activated a report. I then log out and log back in as Admin and I am able to see and view
the report that was created by 'the writer'.

Which version and build of YF are you experiencing this issue in??

I have tested this in the latest build of YF 7.1.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

We are using 6.3, however in our test environment with YF 7.1 it doesn't work either. It looks like our role settings are different from yours. Can you sent me the Role settings of your Admin and Writer roles so i can verify them.

Regards,
Salvatore
Salvatore,

These are the role setting options in 7.1 (logged in as Admin) -

The first one shows the Admin roles -

The second one shows the Writer roles -

Is this what you are after? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Indeed this was what i am looking for. However this makes no difference. Still can't see reports that are made by Report Writers. Is this something that should be changed in Yellowfin 7.1? Cause i found a previous post that refers to this issue in 6.3:

http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-Viewing-Private-Reports-?thread=122627

Regards,
Salvatore
Hello Salvatore,

Just looking into this further for you, can you tick the Public Reports setting within your Report Writer role.

Please note that if you require " super-user " admin access to allow you to view all Private Reports, overriding any privacy settings applied by the report writer, that this functionality is not currently available, but has been previously added as an Enhancement Request ( # 102984 ).

Kind regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

Indeed i am looking for this " super-user " admin rights. Cause i don't want my Report writers to make their reports public without any quality check.

Any idea when this Enhancement Request will be available?

Kind Regards,
Salvatore
Hello Salvatore,

This Enhancement Request was raised some time ago, and appears to have not been placed on a Development schedule.

I will raise your interest in this functionality with the Development team.

Kind Regards,

Danny