Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Show/Hide Overlaid Custom Images

Hello,

I have a set of custom images that I want to conditional display on a report or storyboard slide, depending on the values of a database calculated field (aggregated percentage).

EXAMPLE:
Say we have three images of which only one must be displayed (at a specific location on the report/storyboard slide) depending on a field value .
Image_1 is displayed when field value is < 60%
Image_2 is displayed when field value is >= 60% and < 100%
Image_3 is displayed when field value is = 100%

I have search both the Wiki pages and Forum and could not locate how to do this in Yellowfin...

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.

David
Hi David,

Thanks for sending through this question.

If I understand correctly you want something similar to the "traffic lights" in conditional formatting, but you would like to substitute your own images in place of the existing ones - OR something similar to the "Proportional Infographic" chart but with an image that changes based on your above conditions.

Unfortunately there is currently no built in functionality to perform these actions. You may be able to create a work around for the former of the two situations by replacing the image blobs in the database with your own custom image blobs, however this is not user friendly nor recommended.
The latter of the two is not possible.

I do apologize for the disappointment.

You can read more about conditional formatting (which may solve your problem) here.

These are the available images used with conditional formatting:

Forum image

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
If you need more info about conditional formatting, just let me know.

Kind Regards,
Cadell.
Hi Cadell,

Thank you for your prompt response to my question.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not looking for icon sets within a table/grid...

Since I posted this I have also reviewed the resource training video(s), which talks about a Multi-Chart Canvas that may be something to look at in more detail.

If I understand correctly a user can add custom images into a multi-chart canvas and set a specific size, location and layer (front/back) parameters. All I seem to be missing is functionality to enter conditional formatting for show/hide an image subject to a calculated field value (aggregated percentage).

I don't know if this functionality exists or there is another way to achieve what I want to do.

Kind regards

David
Hi Cadell,

Thank you for your prompt response to my question.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not looking for icon sets within a table/grid...

Since I posted this I have also reviewed the resource training video(s), which talks about a Multi-Chart Canvas that may be something to look at in more detail.

If I understand correctly a user can add custom images into a multi-chart canvas and set a specific size, location and layer (front/back) parameters. All I seem to be missing is functionality to enter conditional formatting for show/hide an image subject to a calculated field value (aggregated percentage).

I don't know if this functionality exists or there is another way to achieve what I want to do.

Kind regards

David