Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Source Filter- all group

Hi,

I'm trying to create a source filter for Sellers.

I have 2 questions about it-
1. I would like the team managers of those sellers or any other user that is not a seller to see everything.
To do that do i have to define every user- his approved values (all the seller list)? meaning - i have to define to the team managers all the sellers as a filter? or is there a way to define- all values.

2. After defining a source filter- it can be use only on one field per view? because I'm trying to define it for more than one and I cannot see it in the drop down option in the Access of the field.

Thanks,
Tal

Hi Tal,

Thanks for the questions. If I understand question 1 correctly, to clarify you are trying to apply a source filter to a report that restricts the data that members of the seller group are able to see?

If this is the case, you will need to individually create a source filter for each user of that group. The team managers and everyone else that has access to that report will be able to see the data within unless a source filter has been created defining what they can see.

Currently there isn't a way to assign a group to a source filter, but this has been raised an enhancement request in the past (Task ID #150356). Unfortunately, at this time this enhancement isn't a part of our current road map so it could be some time before this functionality is implemented.

Regarding question 2, access filters can only be applied to one field at a time within a view. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

As an aside, for your benefit here is the link to our wiki outlining source filters if you need further information/clarification.

Source Access Filters

Hopefully this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.