Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Source Filter- all group

Hi,

I'm trying to create a source filter for Sellers.

I have 2 questions about it-
1. I would like the team managers of those sellers or any other user that is not a seller to see everything.
To do that do i have to define every user- his approved values (all the seller list)? meaning - i have to define to the team managers all the sellers as a filter? or is there a way to define- all values.

2. After defining a source filter- it can be use only on one field per view? because I'm trying to define it for more than one and I cannot see it in the drop down option in the Access of the field.

Thanks,
Tal

Hi Tal,

Thanks for the questions. If I understand question 1 correctly, to clarify you are trying to apply a source filter to a report that restricts the data that members of the seller group are able to see?

If this is the case, you will need to individually create a source filter for each user of that group. The team managers and everyone else that has access to that report will be able to see the data within unless a source filter has been created defining what they can see.

Currently there isn't a way to assign a group to a source filter, but this has been raised an enhancement request in the past (Task ID #150356). Unfortunately, at this time this enhancement isn't a part of our current road map so it could be some time before this functionality is implemented.

Regarding question 2, access filters can only be applied to one field at a time within a view. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

As an aside, for your benefit here is the link to our wiki outlining source filters if you need further information/clarification.

Source Access Filters

Hopefully this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Dustin