Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Stale user session prevents login

I'm in the process of building out data sources and views before opening up to customers, but I've noticed that if I don't log in for a few days, then I get an error message when I attempt to login later.

The only way to log back in is to restart the services on each application node. We're using a custom systemd service that emulates the tomcat bin/start.sh.

[code]
System Error
Oh no! An error has occurred during processing, please try again later
[/code]

Looking at the logfile on the server:

[code]
YF:2015-08-18 14:46:46: INFO (LogonAction:execute) - Logon Action entered
YF:2015-08-18 14:46:46: INFO (LogonAction:performLogin) - Internal Entry Point for Logon
YF:2015-08-18 14:46:46:ERROR (LogonProcess:processYellowfinLogon) - Error raised in logon process: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
[/code]

And here's some output of the info page:

[code]
System Properties

Application Version: 7.1
java.version: 1.8.0_51
os.name: Linux
os.arch: amd64
os.version: 3.10.0-229.1.2.el7.x86_64

Available Processors: 4
Memory in Use: 117.4 MB
JVM current total memory: 234.0 MB
Free memory: 116.5 MB
JVM max memory: 910.5 MB
Application Server: Apache Tomcat/7.0.59
Servlet API Version: 3.0
JSP API Version: 2.2
Application Details

Current Schema Version:
Original Code Version: 20150624
Current Code Version: 20150624
Import Version: 4.36
Build Type: FULLVERSION
Current Session Count: 0
[/code]

We're running an Oracle database. There are two nodes involved in this system, but we're using the load balancer to do sticky sessions, so we haven't implemented HA sessions within Tomcat.
Hi Josh,

This looks like a forum post that would best tracked and answered through our internal CRM (we try to keep the forum to more general questions and how-to's). Also, opening this as a case in our CRM allows us to involve some of our colleagues that don't traditionally answer forum posts (developers etc) much more easily.

Do you think you could zip up and send the entire logs folder to support@yellowfin.bi citing this forum post in your email? This will automatically generate a case in our CRM and we can troubleshoot accordingly from there.

Please let me know what you think. We look forward to hearing back soon and helping you get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,

Dustin
Done. Thanks for the follow up.