Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

The “Axis” properties has no “Scale” section when using Auto Chart

I've created a report with a chart.
For the chart type, I've selected "Auto Chart". It displays vertical bars (which represent the number of certain events). See my attached screenshot.

Forum image

The vertical axes display decimal places (0, 0.1, 0.2, ..., 1, ...).
I don't want decimal places, I want integer numbers (0, 1, ...).

When I display the axis properties for the vertical axis, the properties sheet displays a "Title" section and a "Style" section, but not a "Scale" section like other chart types do.
Problem: Without the "Scale" section, I don't know how to specify integer units.

As a workaround, I've tried using the chart type "Stacked vertical bars". Unfortunately, that has other limitations, so I have to stick with "Auto Chart".

It would be good to make the "Axis - Scale" properties available for "Auto Chart".
Hi Gert,

Unfortunately the 'Auto-Chart' does have it's limitations, as it's meant to be for a quick visualization of your data.
This means we need to automate this process and choose a set of default values that can work with multiple chart types.

However, in saying this, the 'Auto-Chart' does use an actual chart which can be manually built, which will then give you greater flexibility on making changes.

In your screenshot, it looks like you're using a 'Trellis Chart' , so just choose this chart type and you can then set the lower and upper bound values for the axis.

However, you cannot currently change the scaling unit of this chart type.
I have raised an enhancement request (TASK ID = 177963) which can hopefully be looked at in the near future.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, and let me know if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,
David