Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

The chart cannot refersh as values ??started when the table drill down.

Dear Support,

I have created a dashboard comprises the report1 that can drill down to second level of the hierarchy and the report2 change following when drill down. But when I click reset drill down of the report1 or Start drill down of the report1 , the report2 not refersh as values ??started and I have reset and GO the filters of edgewise but the report2 not refersh.So I had to logout and login again to refresh the dashboard it's work correctly.
Could you please kindly advise me about this?

I have Yellowfin version 6.2 ,I have set linked reports of the dashboard with Link field xxxx to filter because I want to be able to show the filter of edgewise and I can filter by Drill Down Field.

Append : I have linked reports by Drill Down Field between the report1 and the report2 , I have drill down of the report1 but the report2 cannot refresh. :(

Thanks!.
Ann
Hi Ann,

It sounds like the reports are not linked correctly.

To link the reports it should be fairly easy, as you need to just select your main report, then click on the report to link it to .
In my case, 'Drill down 1' has a drill-down chart, and 'Drill down 2', is just a normal chart (no drill down enabled).

Forum image

Then link your drill field to the field from report.

Forum image

Now once you save and go back to the dashboard, when you click on the Drill down 1 , Drill down 2 is affected.
If you hit RESET on Drill Down 1, Drill Down 2 is also reset.

However, if you clik on Drill DOwn 2, it will not affect Drill Down 1 , the same goes for reset. It's a one way link.

I hope this helps, and if not can you please attach screenshots of your reports are built , and how the link is setup.

Thanks and apologies for the colors (this is how NOT to style Yellowfin),
David

Hi David,

I have test setting link drill field to the field between the Region Performance Report and Regional Revenue Report.

Forum image

When I click on the Drill down the Region Performance Report , the Regional Revenue Report is affected but I click Start or RESET on the Region Performance Report, the Regional Revenue Report is cannot reset.

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Could you please advise me about this?

Thanks,
Ann
Hi Ann,

Thanks for the screenshots, it has helped me see what your problem is.
The child report 'Regional Revenue Test' is actually a 'Drill-anywhere' report and looks like this is causing the problem.

Removing the 'Drill-anywhere' from the child report, will make everything work correctly.

Forum image

However in saying this, having drill-anywhere should not really affect this, so it is a defect which will need to be fixed (TASK ID = 120803).

In the meantime , just ensure the child report is not set to 'Drill-anywhere' and let me know how you go.

Regards,
David

Hi David,

Thank you for your updated information.

I have tested the others chart that the child report is not set to 'Drill-anywhere' , it is set to 'Drill-Down' or not set drill (Map Chart) . Other reports looks like this problem is the same.

Thanks and Best regards,
Ann