Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Top N filter disappears after editing the view

Hi,

We have a report with top N ranking in which the value for N is set to be a user prompt value as can be seen in the screenshot below.

Forum image

We have noticed that every time we edit the view the user prompt for N disappears and the value for N is set as 10 by default. Any ideas on why this could be happening and how do we resolve it?

We absolutely need the top N rank to be a dynamic filter as it is a user requirement and the filter is also displayed on the dashboard. We are facing this issue in our production environment and need to resolve it at the earliest.

Below is a screenshot of our Yellowfin system information.

Forum image

Thanks.
Hello Asif,

Apologizes for the delay in looking at your query / issue.

So that I can best match your scenario and attempt to replicate this issue,
can you please provide a screenshot of your original Top N Rank filter setting?

Forum image

Can you also provide some details on how and what you are editing in the view?
Does this happen consistently regardless of what you do to the view or is there
a pattern that is specifically related to the view edit details.

Thank you,

Kyle

I have experienced this exact same problem and haven't found a resolution. I have 5 reports that have "Top N Rank" and have the "User Prompt" turned on... I make a point that anytime I make a change to the View or to the dashboard or to the report itself, to edit the report and choose the "user prompt" option again. I'd love to know if there is anyone who has found a solution!

Thanks,
Faere
Hi Faere,

I've been able to replicate this in the latest version of 7.1 and will raise a defect to have it addressed. This happens in my instance once I actually 'Save' the report. I don't need to edit the view. The Top N Rank immediately resets to 10, or in some cases will actually not show a number at all and say 'incomplete filters'.

Once I've raised the defect I will pass along the details to you, most likely tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hello,

I have raised this as a product defect (204030) to be reviewed by our DEV team.

Faere - I associated this defect with organization and will let you know when this is fixed. I will
also update this post.

Thank you,

Kyle