Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Upgrading from 6.3 to 7.1

Hi Team ,

previously we used 6.3 version as our main version and already configured data source from different applications. We also have many views and reports on the same server.

If we upgrade 6.3 to latest version that's 7.1 do we lose datasheet or reports ??

Also we exported all this data from export option individually.

can i restore it back in upgraded version. Please help
Hi Prateek,

The upgrade from 6.3 to 7.1 is seamless and all of your data sources/views/reports should be accessible after the upgrade. You shouldn't have to worry about losing data, however, we recommend backing up your database before upgrading as a precaution.

Alternatively, you could have a production environment that is 6.3 and a development environment that is 7.1 in order to test functionality before making an official switch. Under this scenario you could export the data from your production environment (6.3),import into your development environment (7.1), and then test as necessary.

Although dated, here is a link to our upgrade guide outlining some best practices.

If you are looking to migrate Yellowfin from one server to another, here is a post on our forum that outlines this process:

Migrating Yellowfin Guide

Please let me know if this information helps or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4