Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

User gets an error message when logging in

When one of our LDAP users attempts to log in they are presented with the message:
You don't have access to the default Organization.

The Yellowfin log file shows the following entries:
YF:2014-10-13 14:56:09: INFO (LogonAction:performLogin) - Internal Entry Point for Logon
YF:2014-10-13 14:56:09: INFO (LDAPAuthentication:authenticate) - Entered LDAPAuthentication plugin
YF:2014-10-13 14:56:09: INFO (LDAPAuthentication:authenticate) - Exiting LDAPAuthentication Plugin
YF:2014-10-13 14:56:09: INFO (LogonProcess:processYellowfinLogon) - Relationship to primary org exists, but not STAFFMEMBER: MEMBER

I'm not sure what we have missed here as other LDAP users are able to log in without any issue.

Any pointers as to what may have been missed?

Thanks.
Hi Reinis

Has this user just been added? Or been deleted then re-added?

Lets start by, deleting the user from the group then re-adding them again.
This way we can rule out anything their ID and rights may be missing.

Will wait to hear from you with results.

Thank you
Mark
Hi,

The user is a new user.

Removing them from the active directory group and re-adding them has not helped.

This user is a member of 2 different groups. One group is used in the Yellowfin configuration in the primary organisation under Administration -> Configuration -> Authentication -> LDAP Configuration -> LDAP Group. The other group has been added as a member for a Yellowfin User Group in the client organisation.

If I remove the active directory group as a member of the Yellowfin user group and re-add it I can see the member listed in the Yellowfin Admin Console.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Reinis.

Hi Reinis

Thank you for the added info on the users id.
Has this user been assigned with the same Yellowfin Role as the other users than can sign in?

I will further discuss this issue with a co-worker also so we can get this issue resolved for you.

Mark
Hi,

I was able to resolve the issue. I deleted the client organisation and went through our documented steps to recreate it. The users can now access the client organisation.

What this has revealed however is that when the client organisation is deleted it does not delete the "User Groups" that are created at the client organisation level. I can no longer see the User Groups in the Admin Console to delete or modify them. How can I delete or modify the Client Organisation user groups now?

Thanks,
Reinis.
Hi Reinis
Good to hear you got the user working in the re-created client organisation.

In your above post you say you can no longer see the User Groups in the Admin Console.
How do you know the User Groups are still there though you cannot see them?

With the client organisation being deleted and re-created I wonder if the User Groups associated with them already got deleted with the old client organisation?

If there is a screen you still see the something telling you the User Group is still there could you send a screen shot of that so I can get a better idea of the situation?

When using LDAP I did find this
"LDAP Yellowfin User Group - LDAP Group Name that identifies which users can log into Yellowfin. This group exists in the LDAP directory, not Yellowfin."

I will check further here.

Thank you
Mark
When logged in the the primary organisation I can see the old Client Groups when modifying the security and access for a content category.

Thanks,
Reinis.
Hi Reinis

After speaking with a co-worker we would like to do some testing on our side.
What version and build of Yellowfin Software are you currently using so we can better test the issue.

Thank you
Mark
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20140827
Java Version: 1.8.0_05
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 6.2 (amd64)
Configuration Database: Microsoft SQL Server 11.00.3401
Hi,

How can I delete or modify Client Organisation user groups for a deleted Client Organisation?

Thanks,
Reinis.
Hi Reinis,

You should be able to get rid of that unwanted User Group by running the following query:

UPDATE AccessGroup SET StatusCode = 'DELETED' WHERE AccessGroupID =

And if you are not sure of the GroupID you can find it by looking in the AccessGroup table.

Also, as we advise all clients who are about to apply modifications via the backend, please remember to back-up your Yellowfin repository beforehand.

NOTE: This was answered via email directly with the client by David A -

I simply updated the forum post.

Kyle