Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

User gets kicked out when trying to navigate tool.

Hello Support,

We have one user who can log in and load the main dashboard just fine. The problem is that when that user tries to click on any link to drill through or navigate to a different dashboard, they get kicked out. They are our only customer that has brought this issue to our attention.

I have attached the log files.
Take a look at what happens at and just after 2015-02-23 19:57:32

This is the user logging in, trying to drill through, and getting kicked out.

I've attached two screenshots. The first is our main dashboard with other dashboard tabs, a map of US and Canada (with clickable states) and the list of program administrators on the right (with drill through blue text)

The second is the screen they get when they try to click on a new dashboard tab, a state, or a program administrator name.

Any idea what is going on or how to solve this issue?

We use single sign on through our partner and set up a client org that all of their subscribers can get logged into our tool without having to log in to Yellowfin directly.
In the meantime, we created a direct login to Yellowfin for that user and they were able to get in using that.

We are using: Yellowfin 7.1
Build: yellowfin-20141128-update

Best,
Zack
Any insight here??

Thanks,
Zack
Hello Zack,

Apologizes for the delay in responding to this query.

I've noticed your images / screenshots didn't come through. Is it possible
to try to send those again? More importantly, is this user getting a specific
error message or are they just kicked out of the instance?

Just to clarify too, if the user logs directly into YF they are able to successfully
click the links and navigate to different dashboards?

Thank you very much.

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

I've attached the images again below. They are not getting a specific error, they are being redirected to the Yellowfin login page.

Yes, when the user logs directly into YF (I had to set up a new user, create password, login as them, then change the password, and then email them their credentials) they are able to navigate the tool successfully.

Thank you for the response.

Zack
Hi Zack,

Sounds like the drill-through is trying to open a report in a new browser window, which means the user session is no longer used, due to it being tied to the browser cookie.

Can you try launching the report/dashboard in the same user window?

Otherwise you will need to ensure that when you perform your drill-through (which is really opening a new report) you are then single-signing in your user again.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood the issue.

Regards,
David
Hi Zack,

Sounds like the drill-through is trying to open a report in a new browser window, which means the user session is no longer used, due to it being tied to the browser cookie.

Can you try launching the report/dashboard in the same user window?

Otherwise you will need to ensure that when you perform your drill-through (which is really opening a new report) you are then single-signing in your user again.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood the issue.

Regards,
David
Hi David,

I understand the drill through opens a new report. In our case it is supposed to open that new report within the same browser window and same browser tab. That is what happens when any other user drills through from the main dashboard.

We tried logging in as them in a different geographic location (Colorado instead of California), and we were able to navigate, drill through just fine.

Thanks,
Zack
Update

This is now happening to another one of our customers at a different company.

It doesn't matter which browser they are using. When they log in they are able to view the main dashboard but can't click on any report to navigate the tool, it just kicks them out to the login screen.

Still trying to figure out what's happening here.

Zack
Hi Zack,

If the code isn't changing between cases , the only difference is where the user is logging in from, it means the issue is isolated your environment configuration.

What is different between your Colordo and California browsers?

Have you also tried reaching out to Blacklight? As I believe they are your first point of contact for support.

Thanks,
David