Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Users Appear Multiple Times in Client Organization

Hi, we set up yellowfin in a number client orgs. In one of the client orgs, there are a few users that appear two or more times on the client organization panel from the default client org.

Question,

1. if I remove one of the records, would it delete both records of the user?
2. does it mean it uses two of my end user licenses?

your comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Tony
Hi guys - any updates? This tickets is a couple of days old. Thanks!
Hi Tony,

This is a bit odd. Are the users that are appearing twice Admin users? I'm wondering if you could send through a screenshot of what you are seeing?

What version and build of YF are you currently using?

You should be able to remove the duplicate user from the Admin User panel without it removing both records. And yes, it's likely that this duplicate user is impacting your license. The best way to determine this would be to check the following tables in you configuration db.

-STAFFMEMBERROLE
-IPCLASS
-IPRLTSHP
-PERSON

If one of your duplicate user appears twice in these tables and neither entry is end dated then it's counting twice against your license. If it's easier, you can send the info in these tables to our support email (in excel), reference the subject line of this forum and we can take a look at them for you.

Thank you,

Kyle
Good Afternoon Tony,

Hope you are well,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. It is very strange that you are getting duplicates records appearing in your user list.

Do you use LDAP or were these users added manually?
Is the Client Org they are appearing twice in a newly created one?
Do both users have the same log in details?

Once I have this information I will be able to provide you with further assistance.

Thanks

Adam
Hi Kyle, Adam,

Thank you for getting back to my question.

We were not using LDAP, we added users manually and I am sure these users were only added one time. As a matter of fact, when I log on to the specific client org, the user only appear one time on the user list. The user appears two times when viewing from the default client org. For security reasons, I can not post a screenshot, but hope this describes the issue.

This is my current version:

Application Version:
Build:
Java Version:
1.7.0_91
Operating System:
Linux 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64 (amd64)
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your response, and for clearing things up. If I understand you correctly, this duplicate user is ONLY appearing in the default org, not in any of the client orgs.

The system won't actually allow you to create two users that have the same email address so I would be curious to know what you find when you open up the user details for these 'duplicate' users.

Forum image

Regardless, you should be able to delete one of these users and it won't delete the other. Are you able to try this and let us know the outcome?

Lastly, you should also consider upgrading your build of YF as you are currently using an instance that is over 9 months old and you are missing out on hundreds of enhancements and defect fixes that have been implemented into the product since March of 2015.

Thank you,

Kyle

Thank you for your help Kyle. We are in the process of upgrading to the Dec 2015 version. Will try that to see if it helps.