Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Using Client Org in some Webservice functions

Hi,

I�m testing a webservice using client organizations.

In function "GETUSERTABSWITHREPORTS" i can run, using this code works fine:

[code]
rsr.setLoginId(user);
rsr.setPassword(pass);
rsr.setOrgId(1);
rsr.setOrgRef(orgRef);
rsr.setFunction("GETUSERTABSWITHREPORTS");
rsr.setPerson(person);
[/code]

But, in function "RUNDASHBOARDREPORT", i can't. When i use OrgID/OrgRef the webservice return FAILURE (error code 35), using this code:

[code]
rsr.setLoginId(user);
rsr.setPassword(pass);
rsr.setOrgId(1);
rsr.setOrgRef(orgRef);
rsr.setReportRequest("RUNDASHBOARDREPORT");
rsr.setDashboardTabId(dashboardId);
rsr.setReportId(reportId);
[/code]

In default organization this function works fine.

Thanks in advice!
Hi,

the error codes are available from the javadoc in your Yellowfin installation, specifically /development/doc/webservices/javadoc/constant-values.html

But to save you looking it up, I paste it here:

Forum image

Forum image

this means it looks like you haven't enabled the Client Org functionality. Please see this Wiki page for a description of how to enable it, then give a try and let us know whether this stops the error from occurring.

regards,
Dave
Hello Dave!

Thanks for the reply.

I already have enabled the Client Org functionality. I have used it with three customers in Yellowfin.

I believe that this is not the problem, because the "GETUSERTABSWITHREPORTS" function returns the reportsIds / dashboardsIds using a Client Org.

I'm using the reportIds / dashboardIds returned by the previous function in routine "RUNDASHBOARDREPORT". That's when I got the error code 35.
Hi,

it sounds like it might be a bug then, so I have raised a support task (172251) for a developer to investigate this. He is hoping to do this today, we will let you know the outcome of his investigation as soon as it is done.

regards,
Dave
Hi,

I haven't been able to replicate this. I have attached an example JSP file that will lists dashboards and reports with GETUSERTABSWITHREPORTS, initialises the dashboard with LOADDASHBOARDTAB and then runs a report with RUNDASHBOARDREPORT.

I have tried this with a Client Org set and it appears to still work.

You can make the attached JSP work by placing it in your ROOT directory and accessing it through a browser. You'll have to edit the JSP to set you server host/port, username and Client Org.

Thanks,
Peter