Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Virtual Table date datatype & Grouping Data error

Hi yellowfin support,

I have 2 issues that i would appreciate your help in the matter.

1) when i create a virtual table based on a table with a column of Date datatype then the new virtual column is created with varchar datatype and not Date (like in the original table)

Here is a video attached to show the problem :
Video Link 1

2) Using group Values from the formula builder in "Step 2:view fields" in the view creation process doesn't work with hebrew fonts.

as you can see in the video attached, the problem is in the behind the screen select statement yellowfin does when it loads the report data

Here is a video attached to show the problem :Video Link 2

Thank you for you help in the matter

Shaul

Hi Shaul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to record the attached screen casts. They made understanding your problems much easier.

Regarding Question 1:

[quote="">1) when i create a virtual table based on a table with a column of Date datatype then the new virtual column is created with varchar datatype and not Date (like in the original table)[/quote]

Unfortunately I am unable to replicate this issue using PostgreSQL and the newest build of Yellowfin (20150624):

Forum image

Do you think you could let us know what version of Yellowfin you are running so that I can try replicating this using your build/database?

As far as question 2 is concerned, we are still looking into it and we hope to have a response soon.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more and I look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
I am running the latest version 20150624.

Using SQL server database
I have the same problem, Using the lastest version with MS SQL 2014r1
Hi Shaul/Guest,

Apologies for the delay in responding. This response must have slipped through the cracks. I just tested this using SQL Server and YF 7.1 build 20150922 and I can confirm that SQL date fields are interpreted as VARCHAR fields in a Yellowfin Virtual Table instead of the expected DATE field. I've gone ahead and opened a defect for this task:

TASK ID # 207581

As a work around, you could convert your SQL date field into a datetime field as seen below:

Forum image

Then you could convert the field from a Timestamp to a Date field in Yellowfin during step 2 of the view builder:

Forum image

Obviously this isn't ideal, but it is a work around while the defect is being investigated/patched.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Dustin