Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Webservice login

Hi,

we have developed a Web Page in our OEM application that is calling the Webservice to login to Yellowfin. This is in a custom Java Class.
We include amongst others the yfws-20130124.jar
In an older version of an Oracle Applications environment this works fine. In a newer version (R12) we get the following error:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$1 from class org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

The version of commons-logging already used in Oracle Applications is commonns-logging_1_1_1.jar

Any help on how to debug/workaround this issue would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Kai
Hi Kai,

it looks like there may be some sort of incompatibility between the YF jar and R12, we think there may be 3 ways around this issue:

1) we give you the source code for that jar and you compile it so that the correct dependencies are picked up. The downside to this approach would be that you will have to ask us for the source code and do it again for every new build.

2) use JAX webservices rather than the older style AXIS library. The downside to this approach would be that the "helper" functions that make a developer�s life a little be easier aren�t included, i.e. you will have to populate the elements of the raw SOAP requests yourself.

3) write a �custom class loader� to load the other version of the commons-logging.jar (i.e. from the working environment) so that it works alongside R12.

I hope that helps, let us know which approach you are choosing and if we can help you anymore.

regards,
Dave