Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Webservices CANNOT_CONNECT

Hello,

We have just upgraded our early 2015 7.0 installation to the latest 7.1 installation using the upgrade jar. We are able to login directly to Yellowfin, but our WebServices integrations is now throwing a CANNOT_CONNECT error with the stacktrace below. I have made sure to remove the old webservices jar from my classpath (yfws-20140827.jar) and have added the newest webservices jar (yfws-20151026.jar). The following implementation code throw the exception:

AdministrationServiceClient client = new AdministrationServiceClient(yellowfinUrl, yellowfinPort, yellowfinAdminUsername, yellowfinAdminPassword);

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.hof.mi.web.service.AdministrationServiceResponse - binaryData
at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.java:258)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl.startElement(DeserializerImpl.java:369)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.startElement(BeanDeserializer.java:154)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1048)
at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)
at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2467)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
at com.hof.mi.web.service.AdministrationServiceSoapBindingStub.remoteAdministrationCall(AdministrationServiceSoapBindingStub.java:393)
at com.hof.mi.web.service.AdministrationServiceClient.doWebServicesRequest(AdministrationServiceClient.java:2898)
at com.hof.mi.web.service.AdministrationServiceClient.testConnection(AdministrationServiceClient.java:2848)

Please offer any ideas, as we are stuck and unable to finish our upgrade.
I had an old version of i4_mi.jar and i4_core.jar in my classpath. Once I replaced those with the new 7.1 versions, then the webservices began working.
Hi Mike,

I am glad you have been able to resolve the issues you were having, and thank you for posting your fix.

If you do have any further issues or questions please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Adam