Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Y axis Percentage

Hi,

I received a business requirement today asking for a stacked bar graph that has two metrics (a goal metric and an actual metric.). However, the Y axis was requested to be a percentage of how much of the goal has been achieved. Can this type of graph be created in yellowfin?

Forum image

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sending in the question. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately you aren't going to be able to accomplish exactly what you are after but you should be able to get pretty close.

Basically there isn't a way to display metric values while simultaneously comparing them to a combined overall percentage in a single chart. I think you are going to have to utilize a combination chart like 'Combined Category' to create the chart you are after.

Forum image

Although not quite the same as the chart you mentioned above, this one should do the job, and in some ways is superior to the chart you mentioned as it provides a visual indicator to dimensions that are out performing others. Is this a solution you have considered?

If you are interested, here is an article on our wiki outlining combination charts:

Combination Charts

Anyway, hopefully this information has been helpful! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi�
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4