Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Yellowfin 7.1 Build 20141029: Parameter bugs

System Information
Application Version: 7.1
Build: 20141029
Java Version: 1.7.0_71
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (x86_64)

Problem

I added a parameter to a dashboard and encountered the following problems:

1. The parameter default value defined in the dashboard doesn't have any effect.
2. When I change the parameter to a value that has more decimal places than the default defined in the view, Yellowfin secretly rounds the value.
3. When editing and re-activating the report, the parameter disappears from the dashboard, and I have to manually add it back.

A detailed description with screenshots is attached to this post.
Alternatively, you can view it at:

http://gert-rieger-edv.de/YF_Problem_06
Hi Gert,

Thank you for contacting us with this and thank you for sending through the test using the Ski Team data, this made it very easy for me to replicate.

1/ Parameter Default Value Defined at Dashboard
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have raised a Product Defect for this to be fixed (TASK ID: 179402)

2/ Decimal Places Rounding
Now this is an interesting one. The workaround to this is to edit the parameter default value from 1.2 to 1.20, this will then stop rounding the values. Currently you are unable to edit a parameter at the view level but there is an existing Enhancement Request (TASK ID: 175056). Therefore, I had to create a new parameter, setting the default to 1.20 and I then used this in the report. I have added a comment to the existing Enhancement Request to enable user to edit a parameter in the view.

3/ Missing Parameter
This was a bug, which another client had brought to our attention (TASK ID: 176284). I have just checked on the status of this bug and this has now been fixed and will be available in November�s end of month patch.

Thank you again for bringing these to our attention.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Great. Thanks, Katie!