Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

YellowFin MDX on Drilldown with Pentaho/Mondrian error

We are connecting Yellowfin to a Pentaho Server (CE 5.4) and when we are performing a drilldown we get an error:

Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '.UNIQUE_NAME'
[20/08/2015 12:08:11] Blair Murray: SELECT
{ [Measures].[Dll ASN Quantity] } ON COLUMNS,
NON EMPTY CROSSJOIN(
{ [Dl owner company].[Seko BNX] },
DESCENDANTS(
FILTER(
DESCENDANTS(
[Delivery Date].[2015],
[Delivery Date].[Quarter]
),
[Delivery Date].CurrentMember.UNIQUE_NAME = '[Delivery Date].[2015].[1]'
),
[Delivery Date].[Month]
)
) ON ROWS
FROM [Delivery]

at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:977)
at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseStatement(ConnectionBase.java:101)
at mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jStatement$1.execute(MondrianOlap4jStatement.java:362)
at mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jStatement$1.execute(MondrianOlap4jStatement.java:360)
at mondrian.server.Locus.execute(Locus.java:86)
at mondrian.server.Locus.execute(Locus.java:71)
at mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jStatement.parseQuery(MondrianOlap4jStatement.java:356)
... 79 more
Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '.UNIQUE_NAME'

In Mondrian the UNIQUE_NAME is UniqueName and this is causing the error. Looks like an area where Mondrian differs from standard MDX.

Is there something we are missing? Or does anyone have a work around for this?

Best Regards,

Angus

Hi Angus,

Extremely sorry for the delayed response, this post has slipped through the cracks.
The good news is we are going to revamp our YF forum early next year, so this should not be a problem in the near future.

Unfortunately we don't actually have a Mondrian Cube server here in the office so I cannot test this for you right now.
Is it possible to get a direct connection to your Cube, or a dummy Cube which we can use to exhibit the same behaviour?
Then I could possible also connect with a 3rd party tool that will allow me to run freehand MDX.

What we need to do is work out;
-Is the MDX that YF running incorrect?
If so, what should it be.
-Is this a limitation with Mondrian, if so, how can we disable drill-down for this type of connection.

Thanks, and sorry again for the delays.

Regards,
David