Mobile BI demand
Demand for Mobile Business Intelligence (BI) has risen dramatically over the past 18 months. The continued and unprecedented emergence of tablet devices for work and play, an increasingly mobile workforce, and the need for real-time insight at any moment, has resulted in new vendor offerings and shifting consumer demand.
Many organizations are looking to leverage the ability to receive and disseminate reporting and analytics from mobile devices in order to stay informed, make timely decisions and boost productivity. New Web-based technologies and applications have emerged in an attempt to meet expectations.
The preeminent study in Mobile BI
The latest version of Dresner Advisory Services’ (DAS) Mobile Business Intelligence Market Study – the most comprehensive research series currently available on Mobile BI trends and usage – provides a thorough exploration of the Mobile BI industry.
The November 2012 study, DAS’ fourth Mobile BI study comprising over 250 global organizations, ranks the mobile capabilities of 25 of the world’s most prominent BI vendor’s, according to the number of platforms supported, the level of platform integration, customer ratings, as well as breadth and depth of features offered.
Discover why report author, former Gartner Research Fellow and President and Founder of DAS, Howard Dresner, said that new technologies and attitudes – affecting the consumption of business information – now meant that Mobile BI was a clear strategic focus for BI customers and vendors alike.
“We’re in the midst of a profound shift toward Mobile BI and mobile computing,” stated Dresner in the report. “Through the confluence of new technologies and social change, Mobile BI has become mainstreamed. In fact, for some, it’s the only way they consume Business Intelligence content… its impact is now both clear and profound.”
Key study findings within DAS’ 2012 Mobile BI study include:
- Sixty-one percent of respondents consider Mobile BI “critical” or “very important”, compared to 52% in the original 2010 study
- Organizations have aggressive implementation plans through 2015, with more than half expecting over 41% of their users to have access to Mobile BI within 36 months
- Nearly 40% of organizations expect that over 40% of all users will use BI exclusively through mobile devices by 2014
Yellowfin achieves a top score in latest Dresner Mobile BI market study
Yellowfin claimed the second highest score in DAS’ 2012 study, outscoring many high profile Mobile BI vendors, including Tableau, Roambi, TIBCO Spotfire, SAS, SAP, QlikTech, MicroStrategy, Information Builders, IBM, Dimensional Insight, Birst and Actuate.
Yellowfin’s Mobile BI platform scored a total of 28.82 points out of a possible 36.5, awarding the Australian based vendor the outright second highest score. The highest score achieved was 29.20. Yellowfin was awarded the equal second highest score in the previous two versions of the report.
Mobile BI benefits
There are many benefits of Mobile BI, including increased competitive advantage, customer satisfaction, improved ROI and workforce productivity. All these benefits are derived from the ability to enable mobile workers with actionable information.
A study released by analyst firm Aberdeen Group – Mobile BI: Actionable Intelligence for the Agile Enterprise – found that companies with Mobile BI could make critical business decisions six times faster than organizations without a mobile platform for reporting and analytics.
Results from a recent study by market intelligence firm, TechNavio, forecast the worldwide Mobile BI market to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 27.47% over the period 2012 – 2016. The report, entitled 2012-2016: Global Mobile Business Intelligence Market, put total spend on Mobile BI devices and software at $702 million in 2012, predicting that figure to rise by another 25% to $878.1 million in 2013, reaching a staggering $1.8 billion by 2016.
Yellowfin: An industry leading Mobile BI solution
Yellowfin is a first-choice provider of Mobile BI, with:
- DAS identifying Yellowfin as a leading Mobile BI solution in its latest Mobile BI Market Study, which ranked and compared the world’s foremost Mobile BI providers
- The Business Applications Research Center’s (BARC) The BI Survey 12 – the world’s largest end-user BI study – identifying Yellowfin as a top dashboard vendor in Mobile BI
- Analyst firm Ovum acknowledging Yellowfin as a top Mobile BI vendor “leading the charge with feature-packed yet functional mobile solutions” in its report Solutions Guide: Mobile Business Intelligence
- Gartner acknowledging Yellowfin as a key player in its latest Who’s Who in Mobile BI report
Yellowfin offers customers the ability to receive mobile analytics out-of-the-box, on any device or platform at no additional cost, via native applications for the iPhone, iPad and Android platforms, Web-browser or HTML 5 integration.