Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Broadcast restriction to unliecensed users at client org level

Hi,

1. In Multicast licensed, is there a way by which we can restrict the users to broadcast reports to non yellowfin users(unlicensed users).

For eg. if there is an option under role management where we can disable the option for Reader or at client org level, to broadcast reports to non yellowfin users where as at the same time they should be able to broadcast reports to licensed users of yellowfin.

2. Can we restrict the size of broadcasting reports?

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi,

Could you please respond to the above query.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

1. Yes there is a way, look in the Distribution Security section:

Forum image

2. No this is not possible

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Is there a way by which Yellowfin can zip the reports and then broadcast it? We have huge reports of 20-30 mb which are not getting broadcast though the status of the broadcast shows : Broadcast run successfully.

We are using YF 7.1 Feb patch.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi,

Could you please provide an update on the above query?

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

no Yellowfin does not currently support zipping up reports for broadcasting. I could create an enhancement request for you if you'd like, although please keep in mind that no one else has ever asked for such functionality so I can't imagine it would be put up the top of the list.

I'm wondering why the reports are so large, are there lots of charts or something? Could you try broadcasting the report to one person and then he/she could zip it up?

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Yes it would be great if you create an enhancement request.There are reports containing multiple charts and tabbed reports. The broadcasted reports reaches our clients directly and we would want this to be completely automated without any manual intervention.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dave,

Can you please create an enhancement request for this.

Regards,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

no worries, I've created it - the enhancement request ID is 191356, although please keep in mind that no other client has asked for such functionality so I can't imagine it would be put up the top of the list.

regards,
Dave