Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Drill through in a graph, major problem

Hi,

A new issue while using drill through in a graph.
After installing the latest 7.1 build (20141223), the behavior of the Drill Through from graph has changed:

If you have more than one Drill Through (in the report) You can't associate one drill to one graph.
Please see the attached screenshots (from 0 to 8) to understand the issue.
It happens with all graph types, not just in the one I used in the attached demo.
Current report and dashboard are not working well.
Please try to fix it or suggest a work around this issue ASAP.

Rami

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Forum image

Hello Rami,

The latest build of YF 7.1 released on 24th December 2014 added an Enhancement ( #180918 ) to add drill down, drill anywhere and drill through capabilities within Auto Charts. This was implemented to improve Auto Chart functionality, however as a result the required outcome in your example is no longer possible. Your present options are to create a co-display report, or you can roll-back to a previous YF build where this functionality is still available.

Apologies for this functionality change, please let me know if I can clarify this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Rami,

After a lengthy discussion with the dev team.
We will be making changes to the chart builder in the upcoming 7.1 January release, which will give you the option to choose how the chart will drill either by hyperlink field or dimension.

This will allow you to set your drill back to the way it was prior to the December release.

Sorry for all the troubles this has caused, and please let us know if you still have issues after upgrading at the end of the month.

Regards,
David

Thank You David.

Please consider to use the field dimension and not the hyperlink.
It gives better (flexible) working options and it is not an "hard code" that needs to be maintained.
Looking forward to your next January release.

Regards,
Rami

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.