Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Error loading .csv file

Hi, I am a first time user, trying to upload a .csv file.

I receive the following error message "Error loading file. Line 81 does not have the correct number of fields. Please check the file contents, ensuring it is a CSV file and has the same number of columns for each row." Screen shot attached.

I can't work out what is wrong with my file, which is attached.

Any ideas?

thanks
Tony
Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear that you are running into problems importing this .CSV into Yellowfin.

Unfortunately your screenshot didn't come through. You either have to insert it inline into the forum post itself, or upload it as an attachment. Could you try re-submitting? Also, I was able to upload your .CSV file successfully on my first attempt which means there isn't anything incorrect in your .CSV file itself.

With that, I'm hoping that you could elaborate on a couple of things.

1. What version and build of Yellowfin are you using? The reason I ask is because I would like to replicate the import process using your build to verify that there hasn't been a patch fix that might resolve your issue. To check the build of Yellowfin you are using go to System Information under Administration > Admin Console > System Information. The version of Yellowfin is listed next to Application Version.

2. How are you importing this particular CSV? Are you importing it into your view or are you building a report off of it directly?

3. Lastly, I noticed your date format isn't in the native Yellowfin date format (yyyy/MM/dd). Are you formatting this date value during the import process?

Thanks in advance for gathering this info. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Cheers,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4