Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

How to apply two analytical functions on the same field?

Dear YF Support Team!

We are currently using YF 7.1 build 20150325. We would like to apply two analytical functions on the same column within a report but we are not sure whether this is currently possible.

Firstly we have to apply the Analytical Function "Mean" grouped by a dimension in order to get correct values:

Forum image

Afterwards we would like to create a row Delta of these means using the respective analytical function:

Forum image

Is it possible to apply two analytical functions on the same report column in a certain order? Or do you see any workaround?

Thank you so much for your support!

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

It is not presently possible to apply two analytical functions on the same report column.
This is regardless of the order.

Is it possible to do one of the functions (probably the simpler of the two) as a calculated
field at the view level? If so, you would then be able to apply your second analytical function
at the report level. Or have you already tried this?

Let me know your thoughts. In the interim I can reach out to the team to see if any other
ideas come to mind.

Cheers,

Kyle
Hi Kyle,
thank you very much for your feedback. Good to know that this is currently not possible.

By the way: I have not tried to do one of the functions as a calculated field at the view level. I will think about a way to accomplish that. Thank you for this hint

Do you see any possibility to create an enhancement request out of this?

=> to apply two (or more) analytical functions on the same report column in a certain order

Analytical Functions are quiet powerful and it would be great to use more than one for the same field.

Thank you so much for your support!

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

I will run this by the level II / Dev team to see what their thoughts are on what you
have outlined. I will get back to you early next week.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hello Sebastian,

I did receive some feedback from the Senior Support team. They have
confirmed that this is a valid enhancement request, thus I created it. The ID# is 192868.

Unfortunately, there is no time table on when this might be looked at.

This enhancement request is connected with your org.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hello Kyle,

thank you so much for your efforts!

Kind regards,
Sebastian