Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Licensing Restrictions on PDF Fonts

Hi,

We are given a 500 error when exporting or broadcasting via PDF in some cases. Upon checking yellowfin.log I can see that it is due to licensing restrictions on some of the Java fonts. I have attached a screenshot of the log so you can see what I mean. This is in Yellowfin 7.1 20150624.

Forum image

Any help on resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

This error message is covered in the following Forum Post .

If you need some further info on this, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Thanks for the response Danny. I couldn't see a clear solution in that post apart from trying to define the Default Language Font so I did that and set it to Noto Sans Arabic but unfortunately the problems still persists. Is there a suggested font style that should alleviate the issue?

This has only been a problem after upgrading from version 6.3 to version 7.1 and we're confused as to how it has started happening as we have never defined a default language font before, and never had these issues.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Were you exporting a report with Arabic characters, or another character set? Let me know and I can found out a recommended font set to use.

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

No we weren't using any different character sets or anything like that I don't think.
We have done some further testing and it actually appears that the issue is caused when turning on the "Shrink to Fit Page Width" - we can consistently reproduce the problem when this is on. It wasn't initially discovered as being the problem as one of our client systems had turned this on in administration which we didn't know about.

Again this is Yellowfin 7.1 20150624 and to clarify the bug appears to be when exporting any report to PDF and enabling the "Shrink to Fit Page Width" option either when exporting or when enabled in Administration / System / PDF Export Defaults:

Admin:

Forum image

When exporting PDF:

Forum image

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I've just tested PDF export on a YF 7.1 20150624 build ( upgraded from 6.3 20150422 ), with " Shrink to Fit Page " enabled in PDF export defaults, and this caused an error preventing the broadcast from completing.

As we now have to lodge a Product Defect, could we trouble you to email support@yellowfin.bi with a brief outline of the issue, so we can lodge the Defect under your company details? This will allow us to provide you updates on when this will be fixed.

Any questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Danny