Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Sorting doesn’t work as expected

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a confusion getting the sort order in my report right.

I want to be able to sort descending on column "Number of Room Nights", which is a report level calculated field as SUM(Number of Rooms) * SUM(Number of Nights).

How ever much I try to set the sort order it does not seem to sort correctly. There seem to be a default sort applied always on Creditor column.

Forum image

When I set the sort order of the creditor column to None it shows as :

Forum image

But when I then apply the desired sort order for column "Number of Room Nights", the Creditor sorting appears again but in Report formatting -> sort section shows as below.

Forum image

Forum image

The out put being as below which makes no sense as it has not applied the descending sort on the "Number of Room Nights" as displayed in the report formatting section.

Forum image

How do I get this to work and why the Creditor sort how ever I remove that? I only want to sort on one sort column.

I'am also having a bar chart on this report showing the top 10 rank on the same column. I presume the chart sort will be based on the Table sort. Alternatively I tried applying the Ascending sort on the rank column but it doesn't work either.

I am trying to show the top 10 rank on the bar chart showing from high to low (Ascending in case of the rank column)

Regards,
Shanika
Hi Shanika,

Could you let me know which version and build of Yellowfin you are using? I can then look into this for you using the same build as yourself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Katie

Hi Katie,

I'm using YF 7 with Build 20140528.

Shanika

Hi Shanika,

This is an interesting one, which I am having trouble replicating.

One possibility, do any of the fields in the report use Org Ref Codes that have a custom sort? This allows you to sort the order of the data.

Forum image

Forum image

To review the fields that use Org Ref Codes head to Administration > Admin Console > Org Ref Codes.

Kind Regards,
Katie

Hi Shanika,

I just wanted to check in and see if I can assist you further with this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions re my previous post or if I can do any further testing for you.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Hi Katie,

Sorry for not responding. I don't have ref codes on any column fields that I have in the report.

How ever I figured out that the sorting issue have got resolved. Not sure if its due to upgrading my YF environment to build : 20140730. Somehow it seems to work now.

Thanks
Shanika
Hi Shanika,

That is great news that it is working :)

If you do encounter this issue again just let us know and we can some do further testing.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Sure I will. Thanks.