Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Unable to open specific reports nor view them in Browse section

Hello,

We have few reports which shows up under "Usage" tab of field formatting at View level but when it's clicked, it opens up Admin Console link and not the report. Those specific reports are not even visible in the Browse section.

When the associated ReportId is queried in ReportHeader & ReportInstance tables in YF application database, reports do show up with OPEN status. So wondering how to access those reports and make changes as per user requests.

Security on these reports are set to PUBLIC (as views in the DB tables) and View security is set to UNSECURE.

I have logged in as administrator and the associated view on which these reports were built are valid and in use.

YF version 7.2
Release 20160524

Cheers,
Kishore
Hi Kishore, it sounds like this is directly related to your previous post :
http://www.yellowfin.com.au/YFForum-Can-t-browse-reports-after-upgrade-from-7-1-to-7-2-?thread=228557#p4

If so, I have raised a support case #229963- Yellowfin Support Forum - Can't browse reports after upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2

I would like to close both forum posts and continue communication via the support case above, as it will allow us to easily consolidate all info.

Is that ok?

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

This is a separate issue as highlighted in the post. So please don't close this.

Problem here is with report listing in "Usage" tab within field formatting but unable to open the same even after having logged in as admin. When we click on the report link, it opens up admin console panel instead of associated report. Additionally this specific report doesn't get listed in the browse section too.

Hence trying to understand how will we be able to edit that report. If there are any dependencies/linkage that we can identify from application database tables, please do let us know.

Security on these reports are set to PUBLIC and View security is set to UNSECURE.

Cheers,
Kishore
Hi Kishore,

The usage tab will not take security or client orgs into consideration.
So if you do not have access to the report, because it has been secured, or you are trying to open a report that belongs in a different org, it will kick you back to the Admin page.

We do need to improve this process for sure!

Since you have been looking at the record of the report in the DB, can you see where the report lives?
Is it in the default org?
What category does it live under?

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

Thanks for your revert. To answer your question;

1. Report is under "Default" organization
2. Associated View is set to "Unsecure"
3. Report permission is set to "Public"

Cheers,
Kishore
Hi Kishore,

Since I have your Yellowfin DB, I can try and find this report for you.
Can you please provide the report id and name so I can have a look in the tables?

Also, would it be possible to get a copy of the schema used that this view is based off?
I don't need any actual report data, just the table & column information used for the view.
It will allow me to open and edit the view.

Thanks,
David