Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Width of report chart does not fit in the box

Hi,

We have encountered an error in YF.
The vertical axis has data which is not showing full. The data is going out of the chart box. I have attached the image as well with a the error circled.
Could you please suggest a solution for the same.

Forum image

Thanks in advance for your help!
Asif,

Which version and build of YF are you using?

Is the screenshot showing the chart in draft or active mode?

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Here is the screenshot of our YF system information:

Forum image

The previous screenshot shows the chart in active mode.

Thanks,

Edwig
Edwig,

I have been unable to recreate this issue on my end.

Have you tried resizing the chart?

Resizing

Is this a new report/chart that was created within 7.1?

Please advise and we will continue to work towards a resolution for you.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I tried resizing the chart in draft mode,However that option did not work for me.

The report was created in YF 7 and was imported into YF 7.1 when we updated to the new version.

Thanks,
Edwig
Edwig,

After trying again, we were able to recreate this issue in 7.1 and we have created a Product Defect Task: TASK ID: 173148, but no ETA for this currently.

For a possible work around you could change the scale on your axis in the chart axis menu, not ideal but it may resolve the problem in the interim.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Is it possible to get the above mentioned 'Product Defect Task: TASK ID: 173148' prioritized? We need the ETA on this one to be as short as possible as this issue is occurring on our production server and is viewed by the client.

Thanks,
Edwig
Edwig,

I'll check in with the Melbourne office when they
get in and will get back to you with answer as soon as
I can.

Thanks,

Kyle
Hi Asif,

Thanks for highlighting the importance of this issue.
I have give this task a HIGH priority which will be brought up at the next dev meeting.

If all goes to plan it will be included next month's 7.1 patch due on Friday 31st of October.

Until then, have you tried modifying the chart scale to fit?

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Regards,
David

Hi Edwig,

I just wanted to give you an update on the task, 173148.

This has been discussed at the dev team meeting and it is due to the libraries we use. To fix this issue Yellowfin would need to create their own libraries, which would be a lengthy process. Due to this discovery an alternative solution has been suggested which we hope would resolve the situation for you, and this is to add the ability to have the ticks vertical, this way the labels will not crop. Example image below. This will still have the same support task ID as above.

Forum image

Please let us know if we can assist further or if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Katie
Hi Katie,

Currently we have modified the chart scale to fit as suggested by David. Although not an ideal solution, It works fine for now. Thank you for suggesting an alternative approach.

Please keep us updated about any further developments regarding the task, 173148.

Thanks,
Edwig