Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Excel Connectivity

Hi,

how to connect the EXCEL OR CSV file to yellowfin 7.1. There is an error in connection please resolve it or send me the video tutorial
thanks
Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties importing your .CSV files into Yellowfin. Just to clarify, when you are importing a .CSV file into Yellowfin, you aren't actually creating a connection to the .CSV file itself. Instead, the .CSV is written to a data source that you have configured as writable, and then Yellowfin reads the .CSV data from the data source connection.

Our wiki page has extensive documentation on how to integrate Yellowfin and .CSV files. See the below link for more information:

CSV Data Imports

There are also some great videos throughout those articles that can help guide you through the process of importing .CSV files and creating reports from them.

Hopefully this information helps.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
Hi Dustin
To understand yellowfin better

1. All the report in yellowfin should be directed from "Some writable data source " irrespective of the original source of data ?

2. We cannot connect to an excel data source until we convert it into csv ?

Thanks & Regards
Srinath. Panjala
Hi Panjala,

Thanks for reaching back out.

I am a bit confused by question 1 [quote="">All the report in yellowfin should be directed from "Some writable data source " irrespective of the original source of data ?[/quote]

Do you think you could clarify a bit? If you mean that all Yellowfin data must come from a data source of some fashion--that is correct. Even .CSV files are saved to a writable data source to report on.

The answer to your second question is yes. Yellowfin only accepts .CSV data for import. So, if you have data saved in .XLS format, it will need to be converted to .CSV first.

Does this help clear things up? Let us know if you need any more information here!

Kind Regards,

Dustin