Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

The email address entered is not known on the system

Hello,

I recently added 200+ users in Yellowfin. Users started to complain that they're not able to log in with following error message: "The email address entered is not known on the system". When I go to admin console I can actually see those users (set up correctly). I tried 2 things:
1. Reset their password - their account just goes missing. However, it is still there in any of the search drop downs (e.g. when adding users to a user group). End result: users are still unable to log in.
2. Delete account and recreate it. Seems to work (users can log in) but there are two instances of that user in search drop downs after that step.

In addition, I updated around 90 email address to be only lowercase. Is it possible that this had something to do with it?

Do you have any idea why this might happen?
How do I get rid of duplicate users in drop downs (don't want to delete working one, but the "ghost" one)?
How do I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks in advance,
Ren�
Hello Ren�,

Can you check the Login ID settings in the Administration > Configuration > Authentication screen, as per below ;

Forum image

Also, what version / build of Yellowfin are you using? This can be viewed through the Administration > System Information screen.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

My Authentication screen matches yours.

Application version: 7.1
Build: 20150325

Do you have any idea what might be causing these?

Thanks,
Ren�
Hello Ren�,

What method did you use to create the users - were they added manually, or through the user import option within the Admin Console?

Kind Regards,

Danny
Hi Danny,

I've used both methods but users I have problems with were created with a bulk user import. After importing users I referred to this post for updating membership for multiple users:

http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-Bulk-update-user-groups-?thread=190701

Everything went smoothly until this started happening.

Thanks,
Ren�
Hi Ren�,

We may need to take a look at the CSV file you used to upload your users - could you forward this through to support@yellowfin.bi, referencing this Forum Post?

Kind Regards,

Danny