Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Calculated Total not showing

Hi
We are using Yellowfin 7.1 build 20150325.

We are facing issue with calculated field total in reports.

When a calculated fiend total is added in report, Yellowfin is expecting all fields used in the calculation to be added to report and have total enabled on them.
e.g.
i created calculated field "TestCalc" as
CASE WHEN SUM ( Invoiced Amount ) != 0 THEN ( SUM ( Invoiced Amount ) - SUM ( Cancellation Fee ) / SUM ( Invoiced Amount ) ) ELSE 0 END

When i try to add "TestCalc" to report and show total it didn't work to make it work i added "Invoiced Amount" and "Cancellation Fee" to the report and selected Total -> sum on both fields.

We don't have this issue before facing it after we updated to new build; please fix this.

I had attached screenshots as well.
Hi Koteswara,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into this issue involving calculated fields. I just wanted to let you know that I've tried replicating your issue using the most recent build of 7.1 (20150325) and I am unable.

This is what I did:

First I created the calculated field that you mentioned:

Forum image

Then I moved it to the report builder:

Forum image

Then I added sub-totals (Totals > Sum)

Forum image

As you can see sub totals appear correctly. When I add invoiced amount and cancellation fee my report looks like this:

Forum image

From what you are describing you are unable to view the TestCalc sub total unless the other two fields are in your report?

Please let me know if I'm missing the mark so that we can resolve this issue for you.

Also, could you let us know what version of Yellowfin you were on prior to migrating? Thanks a bunch.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

The Yellowfin Support Team

Contact Us:
Email: support@yellowfin.bi
Wiki: wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER71/Home
Community Forum: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum.i4
Hi Dustin,

You are missing Dimension object e.g. Agency Type. If you add dimension, calculation will be hidden.

We were using YF 7.1 build 20141223 before migrating.
Hi Koteswara

I will go ahead and trouble shoot this again and see if I can turn something up. Do you think that you could attach the screenshots you mentioned originally? They didn't make it through the first time.

I think when you attached them you didn't insert them inline.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:
Koteswara,

Here is a screen shot of the same report after I added a dimension to my report:

Forum image

As you can see, I still am not running into issues. At this point I will need to take a look at your screenshots to understand exactly what you are experiencing.

I look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:
Hi Dustin,

Here is what i am getting. I created similar report and added calculated total but this total didn't show up because i didn't added aggregation on "Cancellation Fee"

Forum image

After adding aggregation on "Cancellation Fee", Calculated total does show up.

Forum image

I had attached the report that i had created and Log file extract as well. Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
Koteswara.
Hi Koteswara,

I'm glad to report we are finally on the same page and I was able to reproduce what you were describing. However, I wanted to let you know that what you are experiencing is actually intended behavior.

The only way to get the Calculated Total to display a sub total correctly is to include the fields within the calculated field in the report as well, and then apply Total > Sum to them

Alternatively, if you don't want these columns to display in your report you could hide them:

Column Formatting

I hope this clears things up. If not please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:

Hi Dustin,
Thanks for checking out; is the behavior has changed in recent release? We are using this feature since sometime without this any trouble and we are facing issues after upgrading to recent build.

Also you mentioned this shouldn't be case in your test, i don't get the real picture here.

Thanks
Koteswara.
Hi Koteswara,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding I may have caused.

Originally (my first post) I was under the impression that you were trying to use Total > SUM and not Calculated Total. This was an error on my part because I haven't worked with Calculated Total functionality too extensively myself.

I conferred with my team and they informed me that what you described and what I was later able to replicate is in fact intended behavior.

I also tested this in the original build you cited:

YF 7.1 build 20141223

I received the same results there as well.

Good news though, I think I have found a solid work around that you would be happy with. In a nutshell if you add two more columns (Invoiced Amount, Cancellation Fee), and hide the Invoiced Amount, Cancellation fee columns that have Total > Sum applied to them, you should have a report that replicates what you are after. See the below screen cast for a demo:

http://screencast.com/t/iw6wqesc

Hopefully this helps you accomplish what you are trying to achieve. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Best regards,

Contact Us:
Thanks for clarification Dustin.

We know the workaround and i mentioned it in my original post itself.

Thanks
Koteswara.
Hi Experts,

Regarding Custom Total, That option is Not working for fx Calculated Total (Screenshot 1 Below )

Forum image

And it�s available for only other type of calculations (Screenshot 2 Below )

The Total Column label is not Customizable, kindly look into the same too and let us know if anything can be done.