Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Import Report Artifact

Hi -

When exporting and importing reports from one system to another, the report is showing an artifact between the Title and Report Description. Inspecting the YellowfinExport.xml fails to show a reference to the '1326' as seen in the image below. This is consistent on the 3 reports that we have imported. We are using 7.1. Please advise.

Thank,
Mike


Forum image
Hi Mike,

This is quite odd indeed! Which build of 7.1 are you on? (Admin < System info).

Can you provide some details on the two environments that you are exporting from and importing to? Are you only importing the reports (no DB or Views)?

Are there any reports that import correctly and if so, how are the reports different? Based on a different view? etc.

Please let us know and we will continue to investigate this for you.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle -

We're on build 20140827. The environments are Linux 2.6.18-400, Java Version 1.8.0_20. Client Orgs are enabled. I'm exporting 3 reports along with all the dependencies that are picked up in the dialog. These include datasource, views, categories, etc.

On the target system I've manually imported the YellowfinExport.xml and I've also used the web service IMPORTCONTENT. They both work fine, i.e. the reports are viewable with the correct data. The data source has 3 views. One report uses 2 of the views. The others use single views. One of the reports has a chart. All 3 show the '1326' between the title and description. Inspecting the html shows:

1326

between the title and description elements.

I've only imported these 3 reports. We've also tried importing the reports to a third system - same 1326. And no, the '1326' is not visible on the source system..

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thank you for providing some more details. We are curious to know if this 'artifact' shows up when
the report is imported via the YF UI?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the HTML snippet?

Thank you,

Kyle

Here's the html shot. And yes, as noted above, I imported the YellowfinExport.xml manually through the YF UI and also with the IMPORTCONTENT web service call. Both had the same results.


Forum image
Mike,

Jessica has sent an email to you regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Kyle
Hi - Here are a few more details that we have found. It may have to do with Public Reports / Report Marker.

In the Source system:

We find the records:

1 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326
12020 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326
12022 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326
12014 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326

in the configuration table. The '1326' also appears in the textentity table in the textid column.

After Import to the Target system.
In the configuration table:
12000 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326
1 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326

The textentity table is empty.

Viewing the imported reports, or even new reports displays the '1326'.

Now, the following steps remove the '1326' from the report:
1. Open Content Settings
2. Click Save

The configuration table on the Target system row has:

12000 SYSTEM PUBLICREPORTMARKER 1326

and the '1326' does not display on the reports.

Thanks for trying Yellowfin

Please complete the form below to request your copy of Yellowfin today.