Forum

This content is now out of date.

Visit Our Community

Reports not showing edit option

Hi,

We are not able to see "Edit" option for couple of reports though the reports are public and no restriction is provided on categories. While other reports created using same view giving edit option, So we are not able to reproduce the issue and now we are not sure for which report this issue will occur again. Kindly look into this with high priority.

PFA screen shots for the report.

Currently we are using Yellowfin 7.1 Nov patch

Thanks,
Dhrati

Hi,

We are waiting for your response on the above issue.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

recently we came across a sort of similar issue for the same 7.1 Nov patch with a different client - he had given full access to a user in a user-group at all 3 levels: data source, view, content category, and yet that user wasn't able to edit a report. After investigating it we discovered that an upgrade to a later patch fixed the problem (at that point in time it was an upgrade to the December patch)

So, we ask you to please upgrade your Nov patch of 7.1 to latest one and see if that resolves the issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the information.

Regards,
Dhrati
Hi Dave,

We have upgraded to 7.1 feb patch but still we are facing same issue for couple of reports. PFA screen shot where report after saving remains on the Data page. If the report didnt got saved then it should show Chart and Output option.

Kindly look into this on priority as we are not sure for which report this issue occurs.

Note: No restriction is provided for View , Category or Report.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

another idea I have is that if the reports were created in a different client org than they are being viewed in then the Edit will certainly be removed, i.e. you can only edit a report in the same client org as it was created in. Could you please investigate whether this is the reason for the missing Edit?

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Reports are created under same client org.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

does the user who can't edit reports have the Report Access = Update permission selected in their Role?

Forum image

regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Yes the user has all the permissions including Update.

Thanks,
Dhrati
Hi Dhrati,

if you'd like, I could have a quick look at it via a screenshare session...just let me know a good time for you.

regards,
Dave